Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I have run this pedal through my Gibson Les Paul Studio and my Peavy amp. I was highly impressed with the how simple the controls were. Volume, low, high, distortion. Short and sweet. This effect is loud and produces that Big Bottom, System Of A Down-type distrtion that also maintains excellent tone quality. I have achieved a sound very similar to Breaking Benjamin's and Nickelbacks, which is distortion, but with loads of midrange and highs, too. The sound of this effect is full, rich, and heavy. The only sound flaw I have seen is that it has a rather muddy sound if you turn the distortion up too high, not somthing I noticed on the Boss DS-1.

The Grunge pedal is excellent for the style of music I play, which is a post-grunge metal style (Trivium, Staind, Fuel, 10 Years, etc). I have been playing for just a little over a year and have tried several different distortion pedals, but this is by far the easiest and most fun one I have used. The "Grunge" has everything I need, and everything I want. I seriously wish this thing would run for a little while on batteries. If you buy this pedal (and I reccomend it), buy the AC adaptor as well. That's the only fault I have with this product. If somthing happend to this effect, I would replace it in a heartbeat. Nothing I have used has matched this pedal in anyway. I reccomend this to anyone who wants a powerful, take-no-prisoners sound from there guitar.

The Grunge pedal is not the most reliable thing out there, but this problem can be solved by buying an AC adapter instead of using battery life. The battery life lasted all of 25 minutes. Durability of this Machine simply can not be beat. It is made of a very thick aluminum (and also has a beautiful finish) and has been kicked and or punted many times since I have had it, but it just keeps on working. I really don't think I could break it if I tried.

When I bought this pedal off the internet, I felt like I was really taking a gamble. I knew very little about it and its uses. All I knew about it was that it was called "Grunge" and the is my music of choice. Once I plugged it in, it went steady, right from the get-go. It was the easiest pedal I have evered dealt with. The manual for it is wonderful. It told me everyhting I needed to know about it, and it even gave me some switch settings for different variaties of distortion. This pedal has'nt been upgraded in anyway. Just straight from the box.