Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul 100 with it through a 120watt Crate amp and it sounds great, even the crates distortion which is insane, doesn't match up to the boost of the Grunge pedal. The effects always sound great but I recommend using it over a clean amp channel for the best sound. If you set the Grunge setting to 7 the high to 6 and the low to 4 and the volume to however loud you want to play it, it will sound exactly like Nirvana. Play with the tone and Grunge levels and you've got metallica. Another tweak and the sweet tones of Guns N' Roses come cranking out. One of the best distortion pedals on the market.

I play blues-rock/grunge/metal/funk and it is a good match for the blues rock Grunge and metal but for the funk-rock I prefer a cleaner more crunch like sound. I have been playing for 5 years and I also own an LP 100 and a Crate 212. Sadly I'm selling it because I need the $$$ for a wah pedal but my Crate distortion is almost as good.

I can depend on it not messing up but if it dropped it might dislodge the wiring I wouldn't know I haven't tried! I would use it in gigs without backup definetly.

This Grunge pedal is insanely easy to get good sound I just pluggeed it in, rolled the dials and instant distortion was at my fingertips! This pedal is great for anyone and any style of rock. I downloaded the manual and it told me everything I needed to know, but I could have done without because this pedal is so easy to use!