Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I'm using a Squier Strat with only treble pickups and a 15 watt Fender amp. If you've played the new Line 6 "Spider II" amps, the metal position sounds almost the same as the Grunge pedal. The effects are awesome. You can go from a soft punk bite to a screaming Nirvana's "Bleach"-esque Overdrive. Like I said before, this has more quality and just more hardcore sound to it than the Boss DS-1. Yes, this pedal is very noisy while playing inside, if you have the "loud" (volume) knob up past 3, or on 3, you've got a hardcore grunge-metal noise. I usually keep the "Grunge" knob all the way up, this gives you the most tone and bite, really. Although Kurt Cobain used the Boss DS-1, the tone of this pedal sounds more like his style. I usually keep the treble on about 6, having it any higher than that can cause a serious screech on any note part the 12th fret on the high E string. Middle is usually at 9. Bass at 9. I also like how you can play an almost exact replice of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" with the Grunge knob all the way up. This is an almost twin of Tony Iommi's sound in that sound, along with a few others. It sounds really cool with that 1st fret pulloff at the beginning. Also scraping the Pick against the strings gives a good noise. So the sound is excellent on this pedal.

I play mostly Nirvana, since I'm really obssesed with them and I love Kurt Cobain. Really. I've been playing for about a year and a half now but don't think I'm some crappy poser. I also have the Boss DS-1 (a good all around pedal). If someone would steal my pedal. I would just go get a 15 watt Spider 2 amp. I love the sound and just overall feel of it! I mean, its a great pedal with hard crunching sound. Great! I think it's a little better than the DS-1, more tone and kick to it. I chose this pedal because the website said most of their players have plugged this sucker up over anyone in that line and I love Grunge music.

Well, theres a lot of issues wih durability. If you play this pedal for a good 6 hours, it's time to change the battery. And I don't mean playing 6 hrs straight for a day, I mean about 2-3 days. I probabaly would use this cool pedal without a pickup if I had at least a 50 watt amp.

Well, it's pretty easy to use. It has a "Grunge" pedal which is a heavy disortion. I also have a Boss DS-1, but the Grunge pedal has a little mroe significant bite and tone to it. The pedal is kinda heavy compared to others its size, but no big deal. Theres alsot of settings you can modify on it. An overall great pedal.

Rock-Hard-Kore
    Price Paid: $39.95 Purchased From: Guitar Center, Redondo Beach Ease of Use: It's simple to use, but getting the exact sound you want is a bit hard. // 7 Sound: I use a Squire Mini guitar (I'm only 12 and kind of short, so don't laugh) and a Marshall MG10 amplifier. It sounds awesome no matter what I do with it. Pretty cool. // 9 Reliability and Durability: I haven't had this effect that long (only 2 months) but I stomp on it like crazy, and it even stood its ground on days I was mad and had my heavy boots on. Wow! // 10 Impression: It is pretty awesome! I originally boguht this because of the price, I only had $50 and this was the best I could afford. But I tried it adn I felt like I was ripping Guitar Center off! It was well worth the $40 and then some. Basically, ME LIKES!!! *licks lips*
    mmm_raspberries
    You know what really ticks me off is, i paid 100 bucks for that pedal not even a year ago, and yet its down in price to 40 bucks?? WTF?? Anywho enjoy that thing it rocks