Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Foulds

I use a Tanglewood les paul and an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and both of which really have a kick ass sound with it. My amp is a crap alphatone and the distorion on it isnt great. It can be as noisy as you want it. You can definatley get a good Nirvana sound out of it and with the right settings a really crisp pantera sound. But with loads of fiddling classic rock can be achieved.

Like I've already said it suits my style really well, and gives my playing that extra kick. I have been playing 3 years and this is the first pedal I've had and I don't think I will need a distorion pedal for some years to come.If it was stolen I would find the guy then hit him over the head with the bastarding thing and it would probably kill him. I love everything about it.But my faveourite feature is the ability to change the 'Grunge'. Overall a great pedal if your looking for some kick ass distorion!

If you put a grenade under it it would still work fine. The whole thing has a metal construcion around it and is virtually indestructable, no matter how hard you stomp on it! I wouldn't need a backup to be honest.

If you follow the manual its really easy to get a good sound out of it. But if you want to be a bit more adventerous go for it! Because you can get some really mind blowing distorion which is perfect for my style. A sort of classic rock/thrash/physcidelic type of music. But you can also turn down the Grunge crank up the volume and pay AC/DC a great tribute. The only problem is when you turn it off your amp is really quiet. Great sound otherwise though.

MylesPetro
    I know for sure you can get a Trivium sound on it. I use it for Trivium all the time. I find it relatively easy to get an AIC sound, but it's easier to get the high-gain setting, because all you have to do is set the last 3 knobs all the way up.
    kryzay311
    Yeah i got it for 40 a few months back. its tone is kinda fuzzy but if you tweak with it you will be very satisfied with it. i use an OLP MM1 through the grunge pedal into a peavey basic 112 bass amp (im a bass player) and believe it or not the sound is better than some guitar amps i've played
    epiphoneg310
    Would you be able to get an ALICE IN CHAINS sound from this and would you be able to get a TRIVIUM sound?