Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Ebay

I am currently using it with a Fender Stratocaster and a PRS SE Singlecut. I simply love the levels of distortion this pedal can achieve. It sounds great at high and low volumes! I like to keep my loud adjusted from 5-7, my low and high somewhere around 5 or 6, and depending on the music, my Grunge dialed from 5-10, 10 being absolute pedal to the metal so to speak. This pedal is a beast! And the DigiTech website is excellent in that they have sound samples with different settings.

I play all kinds of Rock. This pedal can achieve all the levels of distortion that I could ever hope for. The only thing I would want from a pedal this raw and insane is a built in noisegate. The higher you dial the treble, the higher feedback it can create, so a noisegate would be so convenient! I guess you can't have it all. I would pay more for a pedal with a built in noisegate. Don't get me wrong though, this pedal is a beast. The Grunge dial is my best friend! As for DigiTech, I also have a Hyper Phaser. I have plans on getting a Bad Monkey, Digiverb and Chorus from DigiTech as well, so I can get my pedal board filled in. Overall, this is a 5-star pedal!

DigiTech pedals in general are very rugged. They're pretty heavy, but you can tell off the bat that these are built to last! I would definately use this pedal and any other DigiTech pedal to gigs and rehearsals. Battery life is adequete, but I recommend buying adapters if you want your sound to last when playing music with these pedals, because batteries don't last forever. With an adapter, you don't need to worry about the distortion fading over time because a battery is dying.

This pedal is pretty simple to use. There are 4 controls: loud, low, high, and grunge. Slight adjustments on either knob really changes how the Grunge pedal sounds, but it didn't take me that long to find the settings that I like for the different sounds I want from my music.

ilya1501
    great pedal ! im using Gibson les paul studio usa and enjoying every singe moment! //11 !!!