Grunge review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Guitar Plaza

I use this pedal with my Laney 65 watt amp, and either my strat with single coils, or my sg with humbuckers. I find tht the distortion on this pedal is actually a bit too much, and that it loses too much tone. I'd rather use my Line 6 uber metal anyday, but this makes a good solo pedal, as the distortion it has a bit more crunchy and sharp.

I play various types of metal, which makes this pedal great for me. I've been playing for about a year and a half now, and this was my first pedal. The main other effects I use are my Line 6 Uber Metal, and my DigiTech RP-80. This effect is good, but if it was lost or stolen, I don't know if I'd buy another. I think that I'd rather just buy something else. what's good about this pedal is the Grunge distortion. It just really gives you that bite that you might need sometimes. The couple of things I really don't like about this though is the sensitivity of the loud knob, and the loss of tone.

This pedal is incredibly sturdy. I couldn't believe how heavy it was when I first got it. This was my first pedal, and it still works as if it was new. At a gig, I'd rather use my Line 6 Uber Metal, and keep this either as a spare, or for solos. But if this was my primary pedal, I wouldn't think of bringing a spare, since this thing is just so strong.

This pedal is pretty good overall, and you can get a good sound out of it, but it does have it's problems. The manual for it is clear and easy, and it even comes with three suggestions/presets. One of the main problems I have with it is that if you Switch it off to get a clean sound, the amp is too quiet. This pedal would be much better if the volume knob wasn't so sensitive; I mean, I have my amp on two or three, and the pedal on three, and it's just so incredibly loud.