Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: local shop

I bought the pedal to use in my house (aka the practice space). It's in between my Strat knock-off and my handy-dandy, extremely portable Randall RG25RXM, connected with generic cables. I'll admit, it's not a mind-boggling setup, but with the Grunge pedal, it still sounds good enough to broadcast through the airwaves and irritate my neighbors! The effect is solid, but as stated in other reviews, my amp seems very quiet when the pedal is turned off. With this pedal, you can get a lot of different sounds, from 6 Crazyfists, Lamb Of God, Deftones, Rage, and a u-haul full of other bands. All it takes is a couple wrist-flicks on the knobs, and you're there.

This is the first pedal that I myself paid for, and I'll never stray from the DigiTech line-up. I'm not going to get into what would happen if someone stole it, because that could be considered incriminating evidence in future, possible court dates. Go to the local drool shop, and check them out for yourself, if you haven't already. And if you've been curious, dude just give in and get one. I personally guarantee you won't regret the small dent in your wallet.

Let me put it this way. If someone broke into my house, I wouldn't reach for my.308, I'd throw DigiTech pedals. Why? Because they're heavy as shit, it wouldn't hurt the pedals any since they're made with a metal casing, and being incapacitated by effects pedals would probably be most embarrasing to a thief. Seriously, these pedals are rock-solid. A buddy of mine's had his metal-master since it was first introduced, and all that's wrong with it is the spring action is a little heavier than it was new. I'd without a doubt leave my backup at home when gigging with this pedal, just bring your AC adapter!

Let's be honest, all single-effect pedals are easy to use. You've got four knobs; "loud, low, high, and 'grunge'." They're all relatively obvious. Volume, sound, and effect. Yes, it comes with a manual that has suggested settings for sound, but you really only need one thing from the box: the pedal (you can register your purchase for warranty online at DigiTech's website). If any part of this is confusing, I'd suggest sticking to Guitar Hero on your PlayStation 2.

firesofforever9
    epiphoneg310 wrote: Would you be able to get an ALICE IN CHAINS sound from this and would you be able to get a TRIVIUM sound?
    yes this pedal is perfect for them, and i love trivium