Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I mostly use this distortion with my B.C. Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird guitar, my Crate 50 watt amp, and sometimes my Behringer half stack. The effect will sometimes give you feedback when using it with other metal sounding distortion pedals. This distortion also sounds great with things like flange, phaser, echo, and things of that nature. The full effect of this pedal should give you a sound like pantera or Anthrax.

I play all kinds of styles of music. This pedal is just for metal, and on a certain setting for classic rock. I have been playing guitar and bass for 2 years now. I own 4 electric guitars, 2 bass guitars, 1 acoustic guitar, a DigiTech hothead distortion, and a Behringer half stack. If this pedal were to be stolen from me, I would buy it again because it is a great value and it gives me all the metal that I need. I love basically everything about this pedal. I would compare this to the DigiTech Death Metal distortion because the Death Metal distortion just gives you a bit more metal for the money. But the Death Metal distortion also costs a bit more.

This pedal is very dependable. It is a very durable pedal that was definately made well in the factory. I recommend buying the ac adapter for it because it drains batteries. If you are using this pedal at a gig, just make sure that you are only going to need something like the sound it gives you.

This distortion pedal is very easy to use. It also isnt short on looks either. There are 4 knobs on it; loud (volume), low, high, and then Grunge. If the Grunge knob is all the way down, it will give you a slightly blank, classic rock sound. If the Grunge knob is all the way up, it is just an insane metal gunge sound. There is 1 input for your guitar, an output for an amp, and an output for a mixer. Overall this distortion pedal is just the basic pedal that anyone can use.