Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: World of Music

I use this pedal with a Fender amp and guitar. The pedal can emit a lot of feed back that can be frustrating when recording. That aside, it sounds great. The Grunge knob really changes the sound you get so there are many possibilities in store. You can go from mild distortion to an overload of it. My favorite artist is Cliff Burton, and believe it or not, you can get a little Cliff out of this thing, even on guitar.

Even thought this is a Grunge pedal, I use it for metal. If it was gone, I would feel like my arsenal is incomplete and buy it again. The only bad point I see of this pedal is the enormous feedback which I mentioned earlier, which makes this one sour for recording. I love the ease of use and its tone. I bought this pedal really because of the price, and I found a Diamond in the rough.

I can very well depend on this pedal. I would use it without a backup because DigiTech pedals are very tough and do not slide around because of the rubber on the bottom. Of course I would still bring batteries, even though battery life is good on this thing.

The Grunge pedal is very easy to dial in. With four knobs (volume, bass, treble, and Grunge) it is not a big hassle. To get the battery out you have to take two ends of your cable and push in a certain spot, which is very convenient and easy. The manual explains all, and it also comes with a bonus manual that tells you about all the distortion possibilities of DigiTech pedals which I find to be interesting.