Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Muscian's Friend

I have used this with an Epiphone Les Paul 100 played through a Marshall MG100HDFX with MG412 Cab with no FX set on the head. I also used it with a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster with Seyemore Duncan SHR-1 Hot Rails through a Fender FM-212 Combo and neither one could do very good for anything but sound half way Nirvana and about the same as Nickelback. The distorion is very weak and is drowned out by a fuzz, which is very strong.

I play every thing from The Beatles to Pantera and Dethklok. it's good for some Alice in Chains, but really good for Nickleback and Nirvana. I have played for about three years and I own a Epiphone Les Paul 100, a J. Reynolds Strat copy, a Marshall MG10CD Combo, but I play with other amps and guitars. I probably would replace it, but I would buy another brand distortion pedal first. I love the die cast metal body, the unique sound, and the size. I hate the the sound with other effects, and the fact that I have to use something to raise the imput to the output on my wah. My favorite feature is the metal body that way if I stomp it, it won't break. I compared it with the DOD Death Metal distortion pedal, and the DigiTech Death Metal Distortionl. I chose it for price. I wish it had a better cruch in the distortion.

You can depend on the same tones, but if you use anyother effects with it and wah, it will cut straight to a low end bass sound. I use it alot, though I do complain, if you tweak the knobs and you amp volume must be about twice as loud, you can sound good. I use it for my custom sound, but that is me. I would use it at a gig if I liked the sound with out any other distortions. It's really durable.

It's pretty easy to get to work. The tones are decent, but it's more of a fuzz than a crunch distortion. The manual has four settings from the factory, but they are not very helpful. The internal battery plug was broken when I got it, so I had that fixed. it's really good to have a onespot adapter for the power source, but I have only replaced the battery once. I use this almost everyday. I like the plug and play effect because there really isn't that bad of a setup time.

papersun87
    Not going to lie to you, this is one of the worst distortions I've ever heard. But the reviews are pretty favorable, so to each his own, I suppose.
    Punk_Ninja
    I just want to say about this that its not really a decent distortion pedal my friend got this and i was constantly saying "For kurt cobain you'd be better off buying a DS-1" and she was like "But i want to sound like jerry cantrell too" and i was thinking, a pedal that says grunge on it doesnt mean it'll make you sound like two grunge artists, the DS-1 would've done her better off. . .oh well 2 months later I bought that DS-1 and i'm rokcing Vai and Megadeth on it.
    LORD V4DER
    I like how the first reviewer plays on stage with a Squier Strat. Anyways, I've loved this pedal - I rely more on my amp for versatility, so I just use it for an extra kick in the ass when I play.
    whocares09
    I have this pedal, but because the clean volume knob on my amp (Crate 115 watt) is broken and only works when its at 10. i barely ever stomp it, because then i have to switch around with my guitar knobs so i dont break the windows in my room. but ive had it for 2 years, it has a great sound to it, i love it. And it works great for any punk songs, i like it for Co&Ca and metallica stuff
    miniindividual
    this pedal sucked i bought one and it broke within a month and then i took it back to guitar center and they gave me a new one and then it broke too!!! i dont know if it was just the two pedals i got or something but i would just save up your money and buy an mxr pedal or something a little more high quality.
    Thisizalie
    This pedal sounds great,like most distortion pedals,at low volume..but turn it up and it sounds like absolute garbage. This isn't the fault of just the grunge pedal,most lower priced distortion pedals are impossible to use at high volumes.
    Hart_Attack
    "If someone would steal my pedal. I would just go get a 15 watt Spider 2 amp." Don't get the Spider 2... those rape you of tone and never call you back to tell you they had a good time. Personally if you must grab a Spider grab a new Spider 3. but... yeah Personally I would have stuck with the DS, That has a little more versatility, especially if you get the keely MOD up in it.