Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

The sound that comes from this pedal is great. I use it with an Ibanez GRX20Z with a really old amp from the '60s along with an Epoch 10 watt amp and it sounds great from both. The only real problem is that when it is on it causes feedback and you might want to get a noise compressor. The sound is always great as long as the battery you have in it is new or you can use the DigiTech adapter for power 24/7. With this pedal you can sound like most metal artists or modern rock like Iron Maiden, Lamb Of God, or Blink 182. The distortion is the best coming from the Grunge.

Overall this pedal is a god to me. I play heavy music so it is perferct for the sound I need. I have been playing for 4 years now and I own other distortion pedals and effects, but this is the best for me. If I ever lost this pedal I would have to buy it again, it is that good. I love the sound, only wish I had the power adapter and maybe a noise compressor for it. If it included this, it would be the ultimate pedal.

This thing is made of Solid Metal, total durability. I stomp on this thing, I have dropped it and it still works like new. I have used this at band practices without a backup, just an extra battery in case since I do not own the adapter. This is my number one pedal, never dissapoints me.

The DigiTech Grunge pedal is amazing. It has become the number one pedal in my setup. It is a very easy pedal to get a good sound out of too. I play anything from metal to punk and everything in-between and this pedal gives me a good sound for everything. The pedal brochure that comes with it gives you 4 preset settings that can give you a difinitive sound that you are looking for including raw power, cutting sustain, heavy and smooth, and insane. For pure metal and power I use Insane and hardly ever take it off of this. The manual for this pedal is helpful and explains every use of the controls.