Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I use an Epiphone G-400 Deluxe and a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt combo. When I set the amp on the clean setting and turn on the pedal, it sounds awesome. However, when I try to combine the distortion of the pedal with the amp distortion I get a loud annoying humming noise. It's best if you use the pedal as your only distortion. Also, a heavy distortion sound can easily be found on this pedal. However, it's lowest distortion setting is too high for country and blues. This pedal is great for metal, emo, and hardcore players out there.

For heavy stuff this pedal is great. It fits perfectly into my style of playing (heavy metal, Grunge, etc). It is relatively easy to find tones like (As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Killswitch Engage, etc). I've had it for about a month now and I use it a lot. If I were to lose this product I would definitely buy another one. Overall, I love the sustain that it gives me and the heavy distortion.

this pedal is made of solid metal and it will not break. I dropped this on the ground once and it only had a small scratch, but it still sounds fine. As for reliability, I would strongly consider using an AC adapter instead of a battery because it could drain a nine volt in 2 hours or less.

This pedal is perhaps one of the easiest pedals to use. I didn't even need to read the directions and I figured out how to use it in less than a minute. There are 4 knobs: a loud knob (volume), two equalizer knobs (low, high), and a Grunge knob (amount of distortion). It works like many other distortion pedals. You can tell if it is on if there is a light showing. There is a battery compartment for 9 volt batteries and a input for power supply. The battery compartment is hard to open with just your fingers (try using something small like a pen). Also, on this pedal there is an input for the guitar and two out puts (one for the amp and the other for a mixer). It is quite easy to find a metal, grunge, heavy tone, but it is too heavy for most country and blues tones. If you like lots of distortion, you should get this pedal. The sustain you get from this pedal is amazing. It sounds 5 times better than the distortion on my Line 6 Spider III 15 watt combo.

leondb
    I am disappointed with one thing... the battery prongs. It ripped after a few battery changes. Getting the plug was required, for an additional 20 bucks. I still like the distortion of this pedal, even after owning it a few months. It's really heavy. I need something for the classic rock songs we play though... either a Bad Monkey or Hot Head. I personally like the Spider II better. I tried the artist presets on the III and wasn't impressed. But I think red insane is a waste of time and money...