Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Kaos Music Centre

I'm using a Jackson DKMG Dinky with a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier amp. Although I love the distortion options I have with the Mesa, I find that the Grunge distortion sounds better with the rest of my band. The distortion itself is killer. I can get a great tone for all the music I play out of that little box. The Grunge pedal has four knobs. Level, Treble, Bass and Grunge. I find that if you boost the bass a bit, and keep the level at a bout 1/3 and the Grunge (gain) at about 1/3 you get a really sick tone. Do not use the pedal to amp the sound, that's what you have an amplifier for.

For the type of music I play, this pedal is awesome. This will be my 3rd year playing guitar, and I don't plan on replacing this pedal anytime soon. If this pedal was stolen (probably at a show) I would be buying it again the next day. For some time I was using a DigiTech RP200 pedal, but I found the distortion on it was not what I needed, so I switched back to a stomp box.

This pedal has been used for several gigs, without fail. It's awesome. I wouldn't even think twice about bringing a backup pedal, no need for it. This thing is a small tank. The only thing I recommend is buying the power adapter. It will save you money in the long run.

I got this pedal two years ago and loved it. It was easy to use, and gave me the exact tone I wanted. I play alternative/punk rock (Rise Against, NOFX, Anti-Flag) as well as some metal (Metallica, Trivium, Children Of Bodom). This pedal works great for all of the artists. I find it sounds even better when you turn it up.