Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I play a Stratocaster with a G-Dec 30 amp. If you get this pedal I highly recommend you also get the G-Dec amplifier (Fender). Maybe for $250 it's not exactly an accessory(haha), but I mean, You can customize the many sound options of this pedal to the many distortions and variations of sounds you can get with the G-Dec, but that will be in a different review later. Anyway, about the pedal itself. You can make this pedal very noisy, and highly distortionized(ha) if you want to and it still just won't sound like a terrible buzzing noise. It will sound very good with the music you play, well, certain kinds of music. First of all if you like My Chemical Romance, this is a pedal for you! I'm an ex-fan and the song that fits this pedal more than any song I've ever heard on it, is-Dead! The intro sounds amazing. Anyway I play Metal/Superb, Rock/Great, Alternative/Awesome. All my favorite bands right now work great with this pedal on certain settings. A band tat sounds especially great on this pedal is Three Days Grace. The chorus of Never Too Late sounds awesome. Other bands that sound good on this pedal are Haste The Day, Evanescence, Flyleaf, Creed, Sum 41, The Devil Wears Prada, Afi, Black Stone Cherry, Billy Talent, Breaking Benjamin, Demon Hunter, Guns N Roses, Fuel, Hinder, Hoobastank, Inhale Exhale, Jimi Hendrix, Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Nickelback, RED, Saliva, Saosin, Skillet, Shindeown, Senses Fail, Slash, Story of the Year, Thousand Foot Krutch, White Stripes and many many more. Not one of the effects on this pedal are weak, they are all rich and full on sound.

I spent $50 dollars on this pedal. Might be one of the best purchass I've every made. There is absolutely nothing else I would add to this pedal except a few more variations for the effects, but I have very high standards.haha. This pedal still has the the best sound for a rock, alt, metal pedal you could ever ask for. I know this might sound weird, but one of my favorite features of this pedal is that, with a G-Dec amp, you can make any 2 combinations of sound you want pretty much. For Example, on he song Never Too Late by 3 Days Grace, the verses are Acoustic and the chorus and bridge is Electric, Hardcore guitar. Now if you program a certain acoustic sound in the G-Dec, and then certain levels on the pedal, you can make the verse sound flawless and just like the song and the same for the chorus. There are many, many variations of sound you can get for this pedal. This is a very, very good buy for all metal and rock players.

This pedal is extremely reliable. I've had it for 3, 4 months and I've never had a problem with it. It's very solid and strong. I hate to admit, but I have dropped it a few times and it still works like it's Brand New(which is a good thing).I would definitly not worry about bringing a backup pedal to a gig, unless your band uses a whole lot of different sounds, in that case which you'd get different sounding pedals. But still, this pedal has a great variety of sounds. Very reliable.

This is an awesome pedal from DigiTech first off! It has 4 very easy to adjust sound settings: loud (level), low (bass), high (treble), grunge (distortion). One thing about this, it might be a little better if there was a little more difference in between the levels on the switches, I mean they're still great, but it's just missing that one thing, but I can't figure out what it is. The manual the comes with it is very helpful. It comes with 3 or 4 preset sounds for you to program the pedal to.