Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I use my pedal with Marshall MG15CD amp and a Gibson Explorer. It is very noisy on all settings, so when you go to clean it's very quiet. I use my Grunge pedal to play Nirvana and it is great for it. I usually turn the grunge knob all the way up. The pedal is perfect for the style of music I play.

I play Nirvana stuff and Alt Rock so this pedal is perfect for me. I have been playing for 4 years and I own Boss ME-50 which is a multi effects unit that is very easy to use. If my Grunge pedal was stolen I would defenitly buy another one because I was amazed by the sound that my pedal produced when I used it for the first time. It exactly matched Nirvana's sound so I would defenitly buy another one. I like turning my pedal all the way up, starting the song quietly on clean and then turning on my pedal. this has one hell of an impression on the audience. And it's design is pretty cool too.

This pedal is super heavy and it looks very durable. I have a gig coming up and I will certainly use this pedal without backup. I can depend on my pedal 100% because it's pretty heavy and it's knobs are pretty hard to turn so this excludes the risk of accidentaly twisting the knobs or knocking them off.

This pedal is very easy to use. It comes with a manual but I didn't read it because it has four knobs: loud, low, high and Grunge. Every knob is self explanatory with Grunge knob being like "distortion" knob. It has 2 ouputs (mixer, amp) but I use only amp one. Pedal is great and it is really easy to operate.

mikerockstar
    This pedal is NOT noisy. Get a better amp or learn to EQ properly. I've owned or used a DS-1, MT-2 (Metalzone), ML-2 (MetalCore, still own it), Damage Control Demonizer, and a Line6 Uber Metal. DS-1 is shit, MetalZone is shit. For a $50 or less pedal, the Grunge is surprisingly better. Less EQ option, yeah, and some pedals just sound better through some amps. Perhaps I have one of the good ones (a Randall RH300 head). Someone said it has a "good dry punk sound". I would agree. I don't use this for metal, but it's great for a punk/hardcore sound, and for GRUNGE (obviously) and other brands of Hard/Heavy rock. Don't krank your EQ's or your gain. Keep gain AROUND 12 o'clock... tweak hi and low to your tastes. I keep my Low around 2 o'clock, and Highs around 12. Adjust level to match your clean volume (obviously). This thing gets a bit fizzy on the high end (like many cheaper distortion pedals and amps), but this thing is an absolute "diamond in the rough" for ONLY $50. Yeah, you'll get better stuff out of SOME pedals that are more $$...but the fact that this beats some of them says something. If you're a poor kid and need a distortion box, try this. And I play a lot of hi-gain and modern stuff, too... no shitty classic rock and metal for me!