Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Tunes Music and Audio

I'm using a Fender Stratocaster guitar and Peavey Rage 158 amp. The amp gets a lot louder with the pedal on unless you change a few settings but that's to be expected. It sounds better than other pedals I've used and I am happy with the results. It was easy for me to get the sounds of Nirvana with the Grunge and a few heavy metal bands with a bit of tweaking.

I've played guitar for over a year now and this is currently the only pedal I use. If I had to I would buy it again I am happy with my Grunge pedal. One thing I really like about it is the fact that you don't need a screwdriver to open it up and change the battery. You simply use your patch cords plug into the push pin and the cover comes off. I only wish it had come with a 12 volt adapter, I had to purchase it separately.

It is a very durable pedal and the casing is made of a heavy metal and the setting knobs are recessed to prevent you from accidentaly changing the effects. It should last a long time and I'm not afraid to stomp on this sucker. I would use this pedal without worrying about having a backup it is rock solid.

Its very simple to use as it only has 4 knobs to control the sound: loud, low, high and grunge. Simply plug the box to your guitar and amp and your ready to rock! The manual included shows 4 preset effects called raw power, cutting sustain, heavy and smooth and insane. It also shows you different ways you can chain together other effect pedals to get a unique sound. I only wish it showed more presets to use.