Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I'm using with a Peavey Half-Stack and a Dean Razor. If you crank out all the knobs you definitely can run everyone out of the room with sound alone, if you want an idea of how loud it can be. It almost always has a level of distortion, even if all the knobs are tuned to 0. A sound quality not unlike Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and with the right amp settings, you can closely match the tone of Metallica, Motley Crue or other heavy/grunge artists. The level of distortin it can actually get you is a bit to much to the point were all you can here is basically feedback

I tend to stay in the vicinity of classic rock; blues, metal, and pretty much everything inbetween. I've been playing for about 2 years now, playing for approximately 1-2 hours a day, however I still own just a Squier Strat which is what I normally play on, but the effect is not different from that I got on my friends Dimebag Razor. This being my first pedal, I didn't know what I was getting into. However I'm glad I went with this one. If it were stolen/lost for some reason I would change from this to a wah pedal or a multi-effects pedal, although there is nothing wrong with this one, just want to try something new. My favorite feature would be the distortion. Yeah, that's it.I've compared it to the Boss MT12 Distortion, I beleive it's called and you get the same, if not better distortion level and style. If it didn't kill the battery so quickly and have a little more controlled sound, it would be the distortion pedal. I liked it.

It is very durable to say the least. Take for instance, if you what'soever for no reason decided to smash it with a hammer multiple times, it may still work. No, but I've dropped it and it seems to work fine still. My guitar fell off of it's stand and hit the pedal, and it actually took more damage than the pedal itself. I would definitely use it without a backup, however I strongly recommend, and cannot stress enough how much the Adapter is nescessary to fully enjoy the pedal. This thing drained my 9Vs in no time flat.

It's not that hard to get a nice sound quality, the knobs are very simple to use just turn them to your liking, and with the Grunge knob you can easily select how much of that thick, chunky, Grunge sound you would expect from a pedal like this. The manual includes some presets for the pedal itself and other pedals that can be combined with others to achieve the sound quality that is perfect for what you play. The manual is a pretty hefty encyclopedia of different pedals, it's fairly thick.