Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

My setup is, my Gibson SG connected to my DigiTech Whammy, then from my Whammy to my DigiTech Grunge, then from my Grunge to my DigiTech Bad Monkey, then from my Bad Monkey to my Marshall amp. It`s not noisey if you have the sound balanced just right on every setting, it will sound really good. The effects are not weak, & they always sound great to me. I can kinda get the sound of my favorite artists, like Rage Against The Machine, but I need my Whammy to help me out to get more of the tone that Tom Morello`s guitar has. All of my effects I think are all very good, there is no trouble with them.

I play classic rock, alternative rock, heavy metal, & punk rock. This pedal is a good match for them all. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now. I own a Gibson SG, DigiTech Whammy, DigiTech Bad Monkey, and a Marshall amp. There were some questions that I wished I asked like can the pedal work without the battery and just the power cord, & how long will the battery last in it. But I guess I answered my own questions already, cause the battery will last about 5 or more months, and the pedal cannot work without the battery, and just the power cord, cause I experimented with it. If it were stolen or lost I would buy it again. I love everything about it. My favorite feature it the design of it cause of it`s silver color, and how the name of it was done. I did compare it to anothre distortion pedal, the Boss distortion, it didn`t create the same sound as the Grunge, & it wasn`t in my price range. I wish it came with a free offer that you could get two things in the store for free, and of your choise.

I can definately depend on it cause the whole unit system is made pretty good, it may not be made out of top of the line quallity, but it will last.But in a gig I would need a little backup to eigther get the right tone for the solo, or just for a whole song.

It is really easy to get a good sound out of it. It has 4 controll knobs that let you controll loudness, how low of a pitch, how high of a pitch, and how much Grunge you want. There are no editing patches, or anything like that. The manual for it just tells you the basic stuff like how to connect it to your guitar and amp... etc. I don`t know the firmware revision number, and I don`t know if there is one. My unit has never been upgraded, except for the battery, cause it goes dead after a while.