Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I'm using a 2007 or 2008 Transtube Peavey Studio Pro 112(which is bueatful and the spring reverb is to die for). I get some feed back here and there, but it might just be my old ass Ibanez EX 160, which isint even made any more. And it must be at least like 10 years old. I can absolutley get the sounds I want from certian bands. This pedal is so versitile tho. But I'm stil getting use to it so I can't tell you about every little sound I can get out of it. It works great with my DigiTech RP 90 as well. All sorts of efects sound cool with it, but in my opinion having tons of effects runnin can be fun, but is kinda over rated. Unless ur using somting suttle like reverb or a cool delay then it's all just for show.

I love my Grunge pedal. And I'm so glad I traded it with that sucker for that weak ass Hot Head pedal. I have about 3 years of experince and like previousley stated. I own a nice ass peavy amp, and a Digi tech rp 90. it's not a bad rig, and it seems to be better than most other guitar playes I personally know. And the sound I get out of this rig along with my Ibanez and ESP LTD F 50, or my main guitar, a Jackson DK2M Can make ur face melt. Promise. But on top of all that. I had experince with the pedal before being my friend owned it, and I love the sound at first strum. If it broke or was lost or stolen, I woulndnt make a big shit about it. Just go out and get another. Corse ide be pissed tho. I don't really hate anything about it. Just love. Sorry if I got a little too graphic. But guitar playing and all that is really my cup of tea.

I can depend on this thing most deffentley. It's built like a tank just like all the other wonderful DigiTech products out there. If I wanted to bash somebodys head in with this for tyring to steal it. They'd be done for. I'm not in a band that dose gigs yet. Were just starting to get to that point, but this thing is mega reliable, I wouldn't dobut that this thing would work just peachy for a gig with no backup...

I'm goin to start out and say that any other stomp box can eat it's own heart out. If that gives you an idea about how I feel about this pedal then cheers to you. The sound I want and get very eaiseley is just pure raunch. Somthing that would make certian heavy metal bands cry. But the thing with this pedal is where you get raunch, using higher end pickups you can just cut right through all that sonic mayhem. I don't know wat ediing pitches is... Unless that questions asking about the knobos and all the play I get with them. IF that's wat the question is asking, then ig gets greaat editing pitches. I kept the box for the Hot head pedal I traded off for it and that came with a small manual which I presume would come with all stomp boxes and the wah wah pedal too.

thetundra
    RX120D wrote: AlexAvarice wrote: Actually, I just think your an idiot rich boy who obviously has a retardation when it comes to setting up pedals or is too pampered by mommy and daddy's wallets to have to buy their own gear. I've been playing for eight years, been on three tours of New England, and recorded a full length album, and the DigiTech Grunge is proudly one of my line-up. You claim to know about tone, but my money is on the fact that you are Marshall/ Gibson humping freak saying that all the tone is in the high price pedals. If you actually took thirty seconds to set the pedal, you would have seen why I am saying this, so go have daddy buy you a $150 pedal so you can feel like you're not a newbie anymore and shove it up your a**. I'll be right here with a good DigiTech Grunge pedal. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've worked my ass off to buy my gear. The only thing in my gear that was bought for me was my wah pedal for my birthday. And that was all i got! And no, i don't believe that tone only comes in a 200$ package. I actually use a DigiTech RP200 for effects. Nothing fancy that's worth a mint. I have nothing against that product. My guitar is not top of the line, far from it actually. I hate marshall, i don't have a liking for gibson either. I never had an awesome amp to work with until now. I needed to use pedals to get a good sound so i'm not "retarded" as you say. Maybe I haven't toured anywhere or recorded an album. How many people can say they have? But that doesn't make your rant credible since I've seen a bunch of bands that are "on tour" and have really bad tone. That doesn't mean they're bad musicians at all. It just means that their tone is bad... My parents are far from rich, I should be going to college this year but I didn't have enough money and neither did my parents which means that yet again I am saving up for what I want. I take my time setting something up when it comes to sound because I can't stand it when my tone is not perfect according to my liking. I don't just crank the gain, bass and treble and get rid of the mids completely like a lot of people do. I'm man enough to admit that i used to do it. Sure, hasn't everyone done that in their beginner days or the first experience with an EQ? I've been playing for over 5 years now but i guess not having 3 extra years of "experience" makes me a ****ing simpleton when it comes to everything. That's 5 years of "actual effort-filled, dedicated" playing unlike some people who like to think their years in experience includes the year or 2 long break you took from playing because you got bored or you were just too lazy to pick up your guitar instead of a game controller. I have never heard the Grunge on a great amp. Heard it on everything from 15W up to decent halfstacks and I have never, EVER said or thought "Wow, y'know maybe I was wrong about this pedal. It must have been that shitty amp it was being played on last time that gave it that hacksaw sound." It seems like no matter what way you set up your pedal and amp, what pickups you have, what kind of guitar you have, what wood your guitar is made of, it just overall sounds bad. Oh and by the way, New England isn't very big...
    ha
    learningplayer
    I figured something out a few months ago but because of embarresment I never posted. Turns ou there was nothing wrong with the pedal at all, I just had the inputs mixed up. But I got a new one anyway, there just happened to be a sale going on at GC and I saved about $10.