Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Price paid: C$ 40

Purchased from: Long and Mquade

I use an Epiphone lp-100 with it and the pedal gives decent distortion considering the price. It can get noisy if you crank it up a lot but if you just use it at low to middle loudness it's not as noisy. You can get some pretty decent tones out of it similar to thrash metal bands and hard rock bands.

I play mostly metal and shred and it's great for distortion. I have been playing for a few years now and the pedal is still in great condition. It gives off really nice distortion, I wish it would have a built in noise discriminator because sometimes the feedback can be quite bad.

I have had the pedal for 2 years now and I have never had a problem with it. I would probably gig it without a backup because the pedal is reliable. I have actually had a small practice amp fall onto the pedal and the pedal surprisingly still worked after that.

It's very easy to use. 4 knobs: loud, low, high, Grunge. Easy to use right away out of the box without reading anything. The manual is pretty useful but if you have used pedals before you should have no problem. There is no upgrades for it because it's a basic pedal and it's easy to use.

Teen Spirit
    I own it, it's not bad but a bit too heavy, a bit too distorted, it should be more flexible on the cleaner distortion sounds.