Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I run this thing through a Crate amp. It sounds much better then the amp's regular distortion in my opinion. While our bassist bought it because he is a big Nirvana fan, and thought it would give him a sound similar to Kurt's, I find that the sound I get out of it is reminiscent of early an blink-182 sound. This works pretty well for us because we're a Pop-Punk band.

I like this thing, a lot better then I thought I would when I just saw it in the store. I really think it's a bad ass pedal if you're into punk music especially. I've played through many distortion pedals and this is one of my favorites. I don't think I would actually buy one, because I'm happy with my distortion though. The color of the pedal is pretty cool too.

This thing is rugged. I don't think it would break if I through it across concrete. If I was to gig with it, which I wouldn't because I have my own setup, I wouldn't bring along a backup. I would use it as a back up for my Tube King though, just in case. Overall though. I can depend on it through and through.

It was pretty easy for me to get the sound I wanted out of this thing. I don't actually own the pedal, but I do use it on a regular basis when I go to band practice, seeing as it is a staple in the bass players guitar rig(he plays guitar as well as bass). It's just your run of the mill distortion pedal.

Black Paranoia
    its a good pedal but it has a problem if u turn the bass down it sounds empty i almost bought one but i got a Marshall JH-1
    WhiteTempest
    and lol at rx120.. of course you wont use this pedal on a stack amp... but on your room/nighttime practice amp you shouldnt give a f*ck.. as i said it makes a 30dfx sound good.. wouldnt use it on my ycs100 head cause it provides enough.. for 40$ you cant go wrong..
    y&t ozzy
    hey this is a great pedal my dad bought it 4 me second hand 4 10 i lauged at the price i thought he was joking it is grest 4 metallica type riffs slayer and slightly lighter stuff like nirvana and sabbath it was confusing at first but if u play around with it 4 about 10 minuites u get it