Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I use my Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Marshall MG100DFX amplifier, and Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal. This pedal is not noisy at all. It is as quiet as a mouse. But when you start shredding, this pedal will make you ears bleed. The effects on this pedal are amazing, they always sound good. I get the sound I want out of it, The "insane" setting the booklet gives you sounds just like the band Death on their album, Human. I absolutely love my tone. All of the effects on this pedal are good, because their's only 3! High, low and loud. That's all you need. I'm a simple metal head looking to tear it up, I don't need contour settings and all that crap. Like I said, it's my favorite pedal.

I play death/thrash/progressive metal. This pedal is called "grunge" but it does the job for metal well. I've been playing for 2 years, I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Marshall MG 100DFX and Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal. I wish I had known about the short battery life.. but that's fine because I have an adapter for it now. If it were stolen, I would most likely go and buy another. I love the sound coming from the pedal, I also adore the purple "crack" finish. I just hate the battery life in it, that's all. My favorite feature is its ease of use. 3 knobs, that's all I need. Haha. I compared this pedal to other equally priced distortion pedals. This one blew the others clear out of the water. $50 for an amazing metal sound? I think so. This is the perfect guitar effects pedal for the prefect price. Couldn't have asked for more.

I can always depend on this pedal, except there's one problem.. This pedal eats the battery life. I unplug everything when not in use, and still, it's battery dies faster than my other pedals. I would definitely bring a backup to a show, unless I had an adapter. It's a good pedal. The sound will make you so happy.

This pedal is my favorite one I own. It comes with a booklet that shows different tonal settings. It's pretty easy to get the sound you want out of it. The manual that came with the pedal was very helpful. I set mine to the "insane" setting the booklet gave me. I gotta say, this pedal gets me the tone I want for metal.

stonegate drive
    i got this pedal used for 25 bucks and it is a great pedal any body who says that its a bad pedal obviously doesn't no how to eq there sound or set anything up because this pedal is great i enjoy having it in my collection. i think this is a great sound for a lot of genres of rock some of u guys are looking for. I would highly recommend this to anyone who just wants a good rock sound. and another thing its not an overdrive pedal its a distortion pedal what do you expect when you put two high gain things together FEEDBACK that's what for those of you that don't under stand that.