Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: dolphinmusic.co.uk

I use a Vintage AV1H through a Kustom double speaker combo. On the 'Insane' setting (in the catalogue) there is too much noise even with low volume so you will definitely need a noise gate if you want to use that setting, you could roll back the volume on your GUITAR but that would defeat the whole point of 'Insane'. You can get a very crunchy Slash-like sound out of this pedal but it does not work well with chorus or any synth like effects e.g. Flanger, phaser. It DOES go with a Wah quite well though.

I play heavy rock and Grunge (obviously) and its a very good match to them both, it is a little to heavy for hard rock as the Grunge knob doesn't really do much, but i recently (today) found out that I could clean the sound up by rolling the volume back on my guitar so thats 1 problem solved. I play with a Vox V847 Wah been playing for 6 months now and it works very well with it. I haven't got any regrets in buying this pedal its the work of God and i wouldn't use any other. I would buy the same one if i lost it without even thinking about it. I love the fact that the eq controls massively change the tone in this, but I have got 2 problems with it: 1. The power indicator LED has blown and doesn't work so its a guess with this pedal and there is something that looks like rust developing inside the pedal but I highly doubt it I comparede it to so many others that I lost count! This one happened to be the cheapest I looked at but it had the crunch which is what I look for in a distortion pedal.

I'm very clumsy and I've dropped it loads on concrete floor and tiles and there doesn't seem to be a single scratch on it which I'm glad of because its a very nice paint job. I wouldn't even consider a backup its tougher than a rock, it doesn't fry the 9 volt battery (included with my one).

Loud, Low, High and Grunge is all you need to get awesome tones out of this box of wonders. It is soooooo easy to set up I think a toddler could do it! It comes with a catalog of all the pedals up to date and each one includes 4 settings for the pedal which is very handy once you know them off by heart.

zacharykt338
    amazing pedal, it plays metal too, but can be a problem when theres too much distortion, for it gets noisy and disrupts the tone