Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I use this pedal with no other effects, it is VERY loud at it's highest, at the lowest, the buzz is minute. It encompasses almost every genre of Metal or Grunge, at the lightest setting, it can be used to play Punk or Alternative. I play it with a Fender Stratocaster and it sounds great, I'd recommend placing the pickup selector for an "In-Between" setting to cut off some of the buzz it creates. For Noise Rock or experimental, the pedal can get some real weird nosies out of it. For solos, you'd best be off with another pedal, as even the slightest brush against the strings at a high setting will issue a scraping sound, but it pulls off rhythm very well.

I play lots of Alternative, but I also play Funk and Punk. The pedal meshes together with most of my genres, but jazz and blues is where it falls. Dangerously heavy distortion, but it's worth every penny. I use strats, but I'm expecting it to sound just as good with my new Epiphone LP100. I would buy a new one if it were lost, it is a godly pedal, but as it is my only pedal, I would definitely enjoy it more if it could do lighter distortion and didn't eat batteries so fast.

The build quality is unparallelled. It has a solid steel casing, with a heavy-duty pedal cover that can take an enraged foot stomp in the case of adrenaline-fueled solos. The rubber bottom prevents slipping, and it's hefty enough to stay down when jostled. I would play a gig with it, but I'd also take along another set of batteries, this thing KILLS them.

One of the easiest pedals to manipulate. Four dials: One Volume, Two Equalizers, and a "Grunge" dial which affects the distortion. Mine is probably one of the earlier models, so the pedal has more of a button than a stomp-box. It is non-slip and takes up some room on a pedal layout.