HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: eBay

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded into a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. However when I first got this pedal I had a Marshall MG100DFX and it sounded good but when I tried it through the HOT Rod the sound of the pedal improved hugely. On the classic mode with the gain at 0 you get a nice cleanish tone, like if you had pushed an amps clean channel into overdrive. This is the setting I use most of the time. It's great for Indie Rock, Blues, Funk and Pop. I also use this for rhythm playing, like Pigeon Detectives and to push my amps Overdrive channel into distortion. Staying on the classic mode if you put the gain around 3 O clock you can get a Hendrix style tone. On modified mode with the gain at half you can get a good Strokes tone and a harder blues tone. With the gain at 9 0 Clock on the classic mode you can get a great Led Zeppelin tone, "Black Dog" style.

Overall a great pedal. Blues players will love it, Rockers will love it for pushing their amps into distortion, Indie guys will love it. It's a really versatile Overdrive pedal. If you want a sound demo check out my YouTube video here.

The pedal is built like a tank. It has never broke and sounds great gig after gig, along with my other Hardwires. It has a metal chassis and a rugged foot switch. The added Stomplock really helps you to stop your settings moving.

I got this pedal new off eBay at a good price. In the comes a Velcro pad for sticking the pedal to a pedal board, a glow in the dark sticker for easy use on a dark stage a 'Stomplock' to keep your settings still. As soon as I plugged it in, with all knobs at 12 O clock a great crunch tone on the classic mode, so getting good sounds of this pedal is very easy. It came with a manual telling you were to put it in your signal path, how to use the extra features etc... I have a couple of Hardwire pedals now and their all great.