HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive

I use it in conjunction with a Jet City JCA 2112 combo and a 1978 Fender Mustang and the pedal does wonders for my sound. It is dead quiet and sounds Aweeeesoome. I mainly use it with the Jet city slightly overdriving or at the point of breakup and with this pedal it just thickens everything up and adds a whole lot of awesome to my sound. It's not very great as a clean boost because even with the gain knob all the way down, there is still a bit of gain. But overall a great pedal.

I've been playing for about 2 years now and this has been one of the best purchases for me so far. I've compared it to a classic Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer, and I like the CM-2 more. Sounds much fuller and also there is a 2 band eq on it which is much more useful than the tone knob you can only get on a TS-9. Highly recommend it.

It has a very durable case. I've dropped it numerous times but barely and scratches on it. Nothing has ever come loose from it knobs are sturdy overall, well built pedal.

I got the pedal used so I don't have any manuals for it, but its very straightforward, Level, Gain, Bass, and Treble Controls. Also a classic and a modified side which produces more gain, I normally just stay on the Classic side.

ag30fl
    Definitely I wouldn't use it as a boost pedal because it sounds goddamn beautiful. Number one choice for U2 songs imo.
    Realityburn
    How does this one sound as a boost in front of a good tube amp? I'm considering getting something like a ValveKing or similar, inexpensive tube amp. I know from playing one that it doesn't have quite enough gain for the style of music I play, so I'm looking into maybe boosting it a little with a Tubescreamer-esque pedal. I have the TL-2 which sounds beastly on my solid state Carvin SX-200, so I have no questions about quality on this one, just tone.