HardWire CR-7 Stereo Chorus review by DigiTech

DigiTech: HardWire CR-7 Stereo Chorus

Purchased from: Sweetwater

With this pedal I run it through a punch of other pedals thru my Fender Blues Jr. and Fender Jazzmaster or Stratocaster. I tried fuzz chorus which sounded pretty good, it mixes well with other effects. My amp takes the pedal really well and I like the sound it gets me which ranged from subtle Chili Peppers style chorus to trippy psychedelic mellow chorus. The Boutique and Analogue settings are the ones I use the most when I play since boutique gives me that trippy stuff and the analogue gives me those subtle sounds.

For the price I paid, I think the pedal is worth every cent. It is not the Aquachorus but hey it's still pretty good in my opinion. I want to invest in a boutique pedal later on, but for now this pedal will do. I love the vocal knob feature in where I can go from Analogue to Modern. I like it and I do recomend this pedal more than Boss' pedals. Oh did I forget to mention, it is true bypass :)

The pedal is very sturdy and were made for gigs since it came with the stomplock which keeps it from having your feet changing knob settings but I don't really use it. I don't really think it would really just crap out on me unless I go through an onstage freakout and throw it all over the place and burn it. I think this pedal is really durable.

I bought this pedal in need of a chorus pedal and after hearing some video demos of this pedal I decided to buy it. This pedal has a few different modes such as Analog, Boutique, Modern, MultiStage, Vintage, Jazz, and ect. There is a Depth, Speed, and Level knobs that help you shape out your chorus sound. In my opinion if you are starting out with guitar pedals I would just mess around with the knobs you should get the idea of what the two shaping knobs do since they are fairly simple.

Reisgar42
    I have the Hardwire Tube Drive pedal, I love Digitech pedals far more than their Boss 'equivalents'. I was on the fence of swapping out my X series chorus for the HW series and I think I just may at some point in the future.