HardWire DL-8 Delay/Looper review by DigiTech

DigiTech: HardWire DL-8 Delay/Looper

I have mine running through a Fender Blues Jr., and I pretty much love my strat. Boss tuner, Artec analog delay, then the Hardwire delay, Boss blues driver, DigiTech Whammy, and a Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah Pedal. It is most certainly not noisy, and the effects sound good on pretty much any setting. First, there is the normal digital mode with 3 or 4 time zones you can set it to. A reverse mode which is really cool. The modulated mode is a perfect blend of delay and modulation. Next is the analog mode which is mainly what I got it for. The analog mode is very very warm, and meets up to the carbon copy and blows the Boss dd-7 out of the water. Plus it has a tap tempo which I find very helpfull for rythm delay and such. Next is a time zone of slapback delay which is very easy to sweak to get any slap delay you need. A low fie mode is next, and this is more of a delay you maby want in the backround, just to make your picking sound better or something. The tape mode sounds swell as well, but I must admit I don't really know the sound of a good tape delay so... And last, the looper. Jam with your self! it's pretty much a ball.

To wrap it up, the Hardwire Delay has every kind of setting you would need realisticly and they all sound fantastic. The best part is all this with a tap tempo! The analog mode is absoultely amazing and you can hear the warmness as the repeats decay. (Btw, it does modulate like a real analog delay as well if your into that). I honestly have nothing bad to say about this extrordinary delay pedal. You should probably buy it.

I do infact use this pedal for gigs with out a back up other than my Artec analog delay which is on my pedal board anywayz. Made of all metal and I highly doubt it will be breaking anytime soon. Lots of reliability and durability. Reliability and duribility.

The Hardwire Delay is absolutely excellent and is very easy to tweak almost any delay sound you need out of it. It does infact come with a manual that gives you the basics of the pedal, no sound samples included. It is not hard to figure out the controlls at all, and is very easy to use.