HardWire SC-2 Valve Distortion review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
DigiTech: HardWire SC-2 Valve Distortion

Purchased from: reverb.com

It has four knobs and a switch so its pretty basic. Level, high, bass, and gain. The knobs are tight and has a clicking feel rather than a sliding feel so the knobs stay in place pretty well. The switch makes it go from crunch to saturated. Pretty much screeching to heavier tones. This is prefect for those wanting nothing but classic rock you can get a wide variety of tones but dont expect it to make you poop your pants. I call it DigiTech HardWire Joe Dirt distortion pedal. That's only a temp name. I'll be selling it to music go round very very soon.

Getting straight into aren't we? Well I wasn't impressed by it. These YouTubers I guess have all these expensive guitars and amps that can mold a Metallica "Load"/"Reload" sound with this thing. that's not the case for musicians on a budget. I'm sure they probably have other pedals daisy chained to it as well. I have an array of cheap guitars over the past years and a Marshall 15 watt solid state amp. It has a very nice sound and its not a cheap crappy amp either but not top notch. This pedal sounds as if it comes from a overdrive channel off a decent amp. I'm sure with with an overdrive you can get a decent tone out of it but not out of the box. My DigiTech Hot Rod sucks in my opinion but it sounds a lot like this and more versatile to boot. This pedal lacks omph and roar. For a dirty stomp box I guess its ok but it did not wow me in the less.

To be fair the damn thing is built like a tank. Solid metal. I bought it used so it looks a little abused but digitech makes these pedals to withstand live performances. If it suited my needs with sound would I gig with it? Absolutely. Would I use it as a murder weapon? I plead the 5th. The point it you could probably take a baseball bat, a 9mm, chainsaw, machete, your ex girlfriends new boyfriends head and it will still come out working like Zeus teabagged it before being sold. It's a crappy tone that's built to last. Disclaimer: if you do take any of these things to it and it happens to break I am not responsible but I will find it funny. Then you can go out and get something better.

DigiTech bombed with the hardwire series. Sure it's became a favorite among musicians with great gear, but they are out of print after 6 years meaning they didn't sell to well. I'm sure in the next few years they might be collectors items like some of DigiTech's pedals but for a budget player I would go with something better. I compared this to a 15 dollar Fab distortion pedal and it was surprisingly close. That's pretty sad. All it is is a dirt box. I'm sure people into mullet rock will fall in love with it but I sure in the hell wont. Try before you buy and make sure its with equipment similar to yours.

sg4ever
    @pyrojack502 Sorry. Anything closely related to a 15 watt solid state Marshall is crappy. It is poor quality. It's easy to diss on people sounding good because they actually showcase it with a Fender Deluxe Reverb, or some such good quality amp and guitar. That's the point. Nothing will sound good through sub-par equipment. I'm not even a tube snob or boutique head. Your review is very biased and pretentious.
    nickblev15
    Just got one of these from guitar center for 40 dollars, was totally worth it. Makes my 32w shitty solid state sound so much better. Can't imagine it on a good amp