HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Guitar Center Oklahoma City

My setup is a Fender Frontman Amp and my Schecter Omen-6. The only noise I get from it is because of my antique amp, but when channeled on other models is almost noiseless. The sound is a constant balls to the wall distortion that never falters. I've been through many distortion pedals, some costing much more than this, and this one beats them all. My sound is a mix of Devil Wears Prada leads and A Day To Remember crunch, and this effect pedal is the only one I've found that I believe actually improved this sound dramatically.

I breath metal and metalcore and this pedal is a match made in heaven for this style. I personally have two years playing experience but would highly reccommend this pedal to beginners just to save them the dissapointment of buying another crappier pedal. Everything about this pedal is a metal guitarist's dream come true, and I would definately Rush out to buy another if it were ever lost or stolen. If you play any kind of heavy music and are in the market for another pedal, don't waste your time and money buying tons of cruddy pedals, just find a DigiTech Hardware T-2. At around $100 it's also good for the wallet in these tough times.

This pedal's shining moment is durability, for which it is marketed. I was surprised at the weight of it when I first picked it up, seeing that it outweighs all my other pedals. But under rigorous testing and stomping it has shown that it won't die easily. Most definately gig-worthy. The only thing I'd bring for back up would be an extra battery, which gets very good life inside the stomp box.

DigiTech have impressed me with effects before, but never to the extent that the Hardware T2-Metal Distortion Pedal has. The ammount of control it gives you over your sound is very extensive and can cover anything from hard rock to Death Metal efortlessly. The tight/loose Switch helps further extend your sound to either fit the mold of lead or rhythm playing, so if using in a band with two guitarists, both can use the same pedal but have a completely unique voicing. Manual was fair although it would have been nice to come with some presets.

MUSICFIEND21
    to Alucard1536 first off 2get a low sound like or similar 2 korn u need 2 a.get a 7 string(jackson COW is a good1)..b.get a mesa boogie triple rectifier(or an high gain amp like it)..or c.(the choice most people like me can afford)is the boss "mega distortion" pedal which is a good 1 2 get a more bassier sound,and buy sum sorta 7string..as 4 the werid sound effects idnt hav a clue..bt my guess is sum flangers,lots of chourus,lots of delay,and sum sweep/tape echo's...hope tht answers ur question.
    MUSICFIEND21
    as i said b4 this is a much more rythum type of pedal..has alot of mids,pronounced lows,and kinda sharp highs.if ur in2 nu-metal or deathcore(the both hav very similar distortions) then i go with a digitech death metal pedal..or a boss mega disitortion with sum sorta gain booster(cause tht pedal can get kinda muddy at times)
    Alucard1536
    thanks for the tip. I'm just trying to find the right equalization for a nice heavy tone. I use a B.C.Rich Warlock with a Roland Micro cube (Not the best equipment but i'm still learning) and I would like just some nice heavy tone like Dethklok mixed with cannibal corpse.
    rise1984
    I'm tossing up between this and the Metal Muff. I like the top boost function that the muff has for leads etc but this sounds quite good. Does the frequency control on this work like the scoop control on the line 6 uber metal? If it's anything like that i'm not buying it.
    MUSICFIEND21
    To alucard1536 if ur trying 2 go for a dethklok sound(which is much more bass heavy) mixed with a cannibal corpse sound(which depending on which records u listen 2)is a fairly sharp,pronounced mids/highs sorta distortion. so 2get tht mix ur gonna want a electro harmonix metal muff..and tune ur guitar down a whole step...or lower..another good pedal 4 tht kinda stuff is the digitech death metal pedal..hope tht helps