Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: tunes music and audio

I play a Gibson SG Standard, through a Marshall MG100DFX and to get the sound of classic rock, it is very simple, and it sounds amazing. You see the amp is solid state so to get the perfect tone for classic rock distortion you need a tube amp, but since this pedel emulates the tube amp distortion I don't need another expensive amp, I love it! By the way it actually clears up the noise when I turn the distortion up really loud on the amp, but as for high volumes everything gets noisy and this in no exception.

At first I wasn't going to get this pedal, as myself I try to get the most pure sound that I can, and if that means to play through an amp and use it's distortion then that's what I do. However the solid state Marshall just couldn't push the sound I wanted so I checked around in the store and looked at some other pedels and this one was the one that stood out and showed me that it could get AC/DC classic rock distortion which is why I love it. I only wish that it had a contour or morph distortion so I could quickly change from light classic distortion to heavy fuzz box distortion, but it's pretty close to perfect.

This pedal is built to last. It is totally solid and amazing, I would definetaly gig without a back-up. It's made in the USA too so that means that makes me think it will last a long time, although I have only had it for 1 week but I believe in this thing.

The DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal is the one of the new X-series from DigiTech. As this is my first pedal of any kind, I didn't know what I was getting myself into but the thing is amazing! It was so easy to get any kind of sound out of it, you can get a touch of distortion for blues riffs or a pound of fuzz for playing Metallica, or anything in between, although I do recommened something a littel more geared toward metal is you play that type fo music. For me though, I play AC/DC, Stones, Nickelback, Creed all the good rock bands and to get the sound of their distrotion it is very easy. It has a gain control, level, low and high controls. Very simple to use, although the book doesn't tell you much, it is easy to figure out on your own, but if you want that perfect distortion tone, you will have to work for it.