Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: Troy House Of Music

I have an Ibanez GRX20, and a Laney MXD15 amp. It sounds great with them, there is very little buzz when I'm not playing. This pedal is very loud. It sounds very very awesome playin some Sweet Child O' Mine at the highest level. (well, infact sounds great on all levels). This pedal gives me the sounds I want for most artists, unless they're using Chorus over the top of it. Even then, it sounds great. I play a lot of Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Silverchair, Seether and Creed. It provides the tones for all of them, and many other things I've played as a one off.

I play a lot of heavier music, and some classic rock as well. This pedal matches my needs perfectly. I've been playing for about 7/8 months, and wasn't really willing to pay 200+ for a pedal I was going to use occasionally. I'm happy I've bought this because it stands up against the bigger named pedals I tried. I'd like to mention that I got this pedal for $89 during a closing down sale. It was down from $139AUD. At the time it was the main reason I got it, but after playing around with it for a week or two, I'm very happy with it. If I lost it, there is no doubt in my mind that I'd get another one eventually.

The only thing I can fault this on is that it chews up the batteries like theres no tomorrow. I'm seriously considering buying the thing you plug into it. I would definately use it at a gig, but I'd have spare batteries on hand.

This pedal is incredible. Its easy to use, and it has a great range of sounds. From a little bit of Overdrive, to full blown "tear the walls down" distortion. You can play pretty much anything. There is no manual as such, but mine came with a little booklet of digitechs pedals and whats the best settings and set ups for them. For the hot head pedal it included the following: classic rock - the settings they provided proved perfect for finding that perfect classic rock tone. Solo - again, the settings they provided cannot be faulted. With a slight adjustment you can create your own unique sound. Brittish modern - although I don't play alot of brittish music, I've played a few songs and the tone has been brilliant. Country, blues - perfect for that blues sound, I've played a bit of Tommy Emmanuel, and it sounded great. I am yet to try anything of the country genre, but I'm sure it'd sound great.