Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: Mister Money USA

I am currently using an Ibanez Ex series with a Crate practice combo amp. I bought it because I was not satisfied with the distortion settings on the amp. The distortion effects sound greate. It work wonder with my Ibanez and the noise level is also good. This pedal is good for players who want distortion and play a wide veriety of music. I have play the guitar for 2 years and like to play diffent types from classic rock and blues to metal and punk. This pedal works good for all of them.

I play all type of music mostly rock and some blues. I am currently getting a band together and we mostly play alturnitive and punk with some metal. The DigiTech Hot Head is a good match. I have been play off and on for about 2 years. I would buy it again if it got lost or stolen. I like how it can acomidate a wide veriety of styles.

The hot head is very dependible so far. I have not had any problems with it and as far as I can tell is derable. I would use it on a gig but I would buy a power cord for it so I would not have to depend on the 9V battery.

The Hot Head is very easy to use. It comes with a guide book to show how to get different sounds. It features different setting for different types of music in the guide. The manual is also easy to follow. It shows how to use each knob and how to change the battery. It is also easy to set the amount of distortion you want by changing the gain knob. It also feture both a low and high frequency control wich is easy to figue out and adjust.

Seph_Sepiku
    Sorry, I prefer the programmable pedals with 10 different fields of distortion, Delay, Overdrive, Composistion. You can just get more sound.
    sumfears
    I would try it but my brother and my friend both bought digitech pedals and they both broke not long after.... i'll stick with Boss.....SD-1
    darkfire_storm
    i gotta say, i have this pedal, and after a while of use, if i accidentally bump the place where the power supply plugs into the pedal with my foot or something, it dies, and i have to screw around with it a little bit to get it to work. also, i found that it sounds better on a crappy bass amp than my behringer 15w practice amp. so it sounds alright, but its best on a good amp. hope i helped.
    darkfire_storm
    ^ or at least an amp better than a behringer 15w practice amp... (not hard to achieve, really)
    SGMAN911
    this pedal is great for a classic rock/blues player, it is a great sounding pedal, but it is not cut out for death metal or even hard rock (thats why they have the death metal pedal by digitech)
    Thewolf_and_man
    What can i say... this pedal is my future i play ac/dc and metallica... and my distorsion + is never gonna be able to do the job for me...
    OttovanZanten
    Bought it today, on my ride home i had some second toughts, because it didnt sound tooo great, but it was the Roland Cube, at home i plugged in, same guitar, other amp (Crate G160XL) it sounded SO GREAT i LOVe this pedal, if it gets stolen, i'm not gonna post about what im gonna do, cus writing it must atleast be illegal.
    OttovanZanten
    fru_rocks wrote: ^ i'd rather the DS-1 anyday
    do you mean you prefer this, or the ds-1? i prefer this, bigtime
    Ace Frehley
    I bought it..Well guys it doesn't chew the battery much.It's normal the battery lasts for 18 hours!And I overall played for 5 and it's still fine.So you can use it on a gig with batteries!