Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: Tselios-Greece

I'm using this distortion pedal with a Cort X-2 and a Marshall MG15DFX and though my amp is a Marshall, I like the pedals distortion best. It can be very noisy if we turn the gain to much. I can very easily get the sound of artists that I like such as The Darkness, The Answer, Nickelback, Creed, Wolfmother and AC/DC to name only a few. The distortion is excellent, as I said I like it a lot more than my Marshall amp.

I mostly play rock, rock'n'roll, hard rock and some metal, and this pedal suits everything. I've only been playing for 3 years but I can tell that this is a very good pedal. I really don't need anything else, this thing suits my styles and I'm satisfied with it. If it were lost or stolen I would rebuy it for sure, I can't play without it. I love the way you put the batteries in it, the rubber they putted underneath and above. I like to play with the gain control much. Overall this is a great pedal and I recommend everyone to buy it.

I can depend on very much I have it only for 2 days but I believe it will last for a quite long time, it's a "tank" seriously it's made out of steal. I wouldn't use a backup in a gig but I'll always have a second battery in the back cause you never know what happens.

This pedal is excellent! It's very easy to find a good sound out of it if you just play a bit with the low and high knobs, the manual is very easy and simple too. It also contains a few tunnings for you to have but I prefer my own. You can play different styles of music with this pedal. It's perfect for a shredder or even a rhythm guitarist.

Jin12345678
    I'm wondering. If I change the pickups on my epiphone les paul custom and then play on this pedal, will it sound better than playing on this pedal with a normal epiphone les paul with stock pickups?
    OttovanZanten
    you will always hear other pickups if have good ears (also with not that great ears ) but i dont know the pickups on that epiphone, epiphone sometimes makes pretty decent pickups. I dont know what kind of sound you are looking, and what that guitar sounds like with stock pickups, so i can't tell you, you might have to test some guitars with other pickups (on this stompbox) Otto van Zanten
    Dirt Bag Boy
    this pedal is fairly good but unless you turn the distortion up it sounds more of like a warm, rhythm type sound to it but i feel it sounds fine especially through my 300watt mesa boogie