Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: music store

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and a Vox DA15 amp. With the amp on clean, and the guitar on it's bridge settings, the sound is that of AC/DC, and other 70's and 80's classic rock bands. I like to use the level about half way, and everything else completely up, and it sounds great. My Jim Dunlop Hendrix Wah pedal however, doesn't seem to work well with this effect.

My classic and modern rock style seems to be a perfect match for this guitar effect. Since the pedal came with an AC adaptor for the wall, it helps even more so that I don't have to go through batteries extremely fast like I would have to if there wasn't an adaptor. If it was lost or stolen, I would go out and buy the exact same pedal. My favorite feature, is probably the AC adaptor, and the sound, obviously.

I've never had a problem with this effect during the entire year that I've had it, and used it non-stop. I feel that this is an extremely durable pedal. Paint has chipped off in a few places, but that obviously doesn't affect the sound that this beauty continues to make. I would definitely use it in a gig without a backup, as I have in the past.

This guitar effect has a great distortion crunch to it. It has that kind of AC/DC not-too-distorted sound to it, but the 'crunch' sound it makes, sounds wonderful. It is very easy to use; it has level, high, low, and gain knobs. Very easy to figure out. It came with a manual, easy and understandable.

Ace Frehley
    Wow!Last time I posted my final comment was 1/1/07!Since then I haven't changed the battery and have also been doing a lot of rehearsals with my band!So I'll propably be using it with bateries!