Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

I'm running this set up with a 160W Fender Stage 1600 Amp, and a Fender Strat guitar. This pedal produces a very nice sound if you have it on the right setting. You can get a variety of settings from punk to classic rock, and probably more if you played around with it for a while.

I play a variety of music, but mostly alternative rock (even though that is such a broad genre) I can get a clean sound with a little dirt and sustain just fine which is what I am looking for. I have been playing for about two years and if it were stolen or lost I would probably buy it again.

This unit is very reliable, it is big and bulky with it's metal case, which will protect the sound processor inside, however the battery life is shorter than I would like, and I would suggest buying a plug for it, or bringing extra batteries on a gig, but no need for a backup pedal really.

This pedal has four basic knobs that can be adjusted. It has a level, low, high, and a gain knob. The level changes the Level of distortion going to your amp. The low sets where the low frequency's are cut off, and vice versa for the high knob, and the gain give it distortion. Trying to find good sounds is a matter of trial and error, but it you will be happy when you find the sound your looking for. The manual comes with minimal instructions, but does include some preset sounds that you can also demo online on their website.