Hot Head Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Head Distortion

Purchased from: www.GAK.co.uk

I am using this pedal with a B.B. Blaster 10watt amp and a Tokai ALS-48 (the amplifier I have is terrible and I am hoping to upgrade soon). When I add in the Hot Head the sound it produces is Amazing! The effects are strong and you can emulate the sounds of many great guitarists with a little tweaking.

I play Classic Rock, some improv. blues, and '70s-'80s style heavy metal such as Black Sabbath it fits my needs perfectly. I do not own any other effects pedals but will in the future. If it were stolen I would hunt the robber down, find him, hit him with my cricket bat and take the pedal back. If lost I would buy a new one. I had looked at reviews and videos of this pedal and the Boss DS-1 but this pedal is much more versitile and the tone sounded better. Overall a great pedal!

This pedal is built like a tank! The casing is made out of metal and it feels as heavy as a brick. I do not gig but when of if I do I would use a backup (but of course use fresh batteries). I have not had to deal with DigiTech personaly and hope that don't need to.

The DigiTech Hot Head is a very diverse distortion pedal. It can get sounds ranging fron a light fuzz to huge amounts of gain for soloing with the level and gain nobs. Using the 2 EQ nobs (low & high) you make your guitar wail the blues to turning it itno a metal monster. The intruction booklet is very useful, telling you what everythig does and where it is. Also inside the box there is a DigiTech product booklet which contains different settings for every pedal in there line up.

sklthesaik
    Anyone know how to change the battery???? I got it as a hand-me-down, battery-dead, manual-free and charger-free..