Hot Rod Distortion review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
DigiTech: Hot Rod Distortion

Purchased from: Music6000

I use a SKB powered pedal board. My pedals are as follows: Boss Tuner, CoolCat Chorus, DS1, Hot Rod, Delay, Phase, and Volume pedal. And so far with this paticualr set-up it is very noisy. It hisses like none-other. The sound that comes out of it is a little too weak for me. Althought you can get alot of cool sounds out of it, its not a very good pedal to use if you want a lot of hard rockin crunch. The only real reason I use it during gigs is becuase I turn it all the way to the right to get that metal sound, turn up the gain, the volume, and the tone. And that gives you a really heavy metal sound. Anyways, I use it becuase me and my drummer have this song that we play and its funny.

Its not a pedal I use seriously. I'll put it like that. I mainly use it as a boost for solos or mess around with the different sounds. It's built very strong but sucks battery like no-ones finuckiluckin business. If it were cheaper say like 30 bucks Ide encourage everyone to buy it cuz it's a fun pedal to play with. Test it on your gear before purchase.

Built like a tank. I use it in a gig without backup anytime but if you're playing a long set and youre using a battery instead of an adapter be prepared to bring alot of batteries.

Easy, very easy. Even if you have no idea what the heck youre doing.