Hot Rod Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Rod Distortion

Purchased from: muscians friend

I use it with a Washburn Pro X-series and a Roland 30 Cube amp producing a pretty good sound, it has a good noisy sound when all the knobs are turned up. The effects are good, I like the morph and tone knobs better than the gain but thats my personal sound. It gets a wide variety of sound, I can match a little Jimmy Page with my pedal and some Rise against.

I play punk/metal and it gets a very good sound for it. I have been playing for 5 years. Everything I wanted before buying this pedal I got, its very versital and dependable. I would buy it anyday if I lost mine. I really love the tone and morph knobs it creates a very good sound. I don't like how it eats up 9 volts but now that I have a power supply its ok. I only wish it came with a powersupply.

It's a very dependable pedal, I would gig with out a back up but you need a power supply, it eats up 9 volts like crazy. It doesn't come with a power supply so you have to buy one but they are only a good $30.

The Hot Rod is pretty easy to get a good sound out of, but the sounds produced aren't like many bands out there, the manual it came with has some pretty good sounds but I use my own setting. It's my go to pedal for my band.