Hot Rod Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Rod Distortion

I use my Peavey RAGE 108 amp and my Epiphone les paul. The sound changes very easily depending on which knob you turn on it, but I can flip the rhythem-treble Switch to rhythem and then it's got a really good sound and the effects always work unless you get to close to the amp with the sound to loud. I can get pretty close to anyone I want to with the equipment I have. I wont be able to get the sound effect like the SPIDER 3 Line 6 amp but it's got a full sound to it.

I play a lot of types that are near rock, classic rock, and metal. It all works with me and I've been playing for two years. I have a lot of equipment so if you want to know what I have then you can go to my profile and check it out. If I didn't have this one I would Switch to a Boss MT-2 distortion pedal. It would be nice if it had more sound effects though.

It's very dependable as far as it always keeping a sound, but as far as working all the time I would probly bring a backup to a gig and the connector where the battery hooked up came off because I bought it used. but I fixed it easily with a saudering iron.

It is very easy to get the sound you want and it never quits. You have to replace the battery in it every so often but overall it's pretty good. You can either by the wire for it or put a battery in it every so often, but the wire hooks up to the wall so you don't have to change the battery.

Louissparks76
    i keep my morph at 9 o' clock, tone at 3 o' clock, and gain and 5 o' clock, and i get the greatest rock distortion ever
    milwaukeerocker
    Just tested this pedal out today for about 45 minutes with my telecaster (single coil neck, hot rail seymour duncan in bridge) through a vox vt30. I feel there are a rather wide variety of sounds you can get to a point, but not all of them are all that good, although some nice distortion sounds can be found. Many of the tones are rather generic and "processed" sounding. A useable pedal, but i'm a bigger fan of the ds-1, and i use a pro co rat, which the hot rod can't even touch.