Hot Rod Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Hot Rod Distortion

Price paid: € 65

I use a SMALL 10 watt amp just to practice in my small room and even there it sounds great! I tested it on my Ibanez RG350 EX. I hear a little hum when I turn all the knobs up but it's not that much disturbing. The Morph knob really gives the effect some extra 'BOOM'.

I play rock, blues and funk and I think this effect is pretty interesting for the rock and blues songs I play. At the moment I also have a Behringer UT100 (tremolo effect). Overall... I love the sound of it, the Morph knob, the metal housing. I also tried the OD100 and OD400 (Both Behringer) but this effect stole my heart because of the better sound and quality.

This is an interesting effect for gigs. The mixer output can also come in handy during gigs because with the mixer output the sound technician also has an audio track of the effect. I've had several stompboxes made out of plastic. This one is metal and I'm not afraid to kick it into pieces anymore. So I'm also not afraid to buy a backup effect or borrow one because I kill it. The whole box feels steady and heavy so you won't 'launch' it easily when you kick the hell out of it.

First of all. I'm glad I bought this one instead of another distortion pedal I've seen in the same store the same day. This effect is really easy to use. I'm not really technical but everything is really clear. I'm so glad about that. The manual is also really clear but I think most of the things in the manual are the same for all the DigiTech effects, but that's okay. Controlling the HotRod is just easy! The knobs twist smooth and they don't feel loose and wiggly.