Jimi Hendrix Experience review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Jimi Hendrix Experience

I plugged my Highway One strat into the pedal and then mono out (there is an optional stereo out connection) and into a 100 watt Marshall Valvestate amp. The toe and heel switches took a little getting used to. You kind of have to push down with your whole foot and then rock it back and forth to go in and out of rythm/solo settings. The effects are very accurate though. The wah sounds nice and nasally, the Uni-vibe swirls around beautifully and the tape flange effects on the "Little Wing" setting are totally unique. Pretty impressive, I thought.

I've been playing Hendrix covers for a few years now so I had already assembled all the pedals that help me emmulate most of Hendrix's common effects. This comes with not only the expense of each but the need for quality connection cables so as not to lose signal. Add it up and you'll spend a lot less to get into those sounds with this pedal. Not to mention the cool Crown Royalesque satchel. I just wish technology would have allowed it's invention sooner! Bust out the lighter fluid!

So far this pedal has performed flawlessly. Don't be fooled by the pretty purple paint job. Underneath is a heavy-duty steel frame. Pick it up, you'll know what I mean.

My girlfriend (also my drummer) gave this pedal to me as a Christmes gift; how cool is she? I couldn't wait to plug this pedal in. After a quick glance at the manual I was able to get a taste of each settings possibilities. The knob within a knob setup is a neat way to squeeze flexibility into a slightly larger than normal wah casing. The manual has a nice little chart that shows each setting and it's different qualities which comes in really handy.

Big$MIke#gibson
    man ive got one and it is amazeing it does everything didtortion,wah,and clean boost it is awsome
    SGstriker
    This is an amazing pedal. I have one. The heel and toe switch does take a little breaking in, but eventually, it is easy to use
    _TheWorst
    Just bought one, super happy with it. Admittedly I was a little leary about buying a multi-fx pedal (assuming it would do everything half-assedly instead of one thing good) but I was pleasantly mistaken. Crisp classic rock sounds, screaming blues, and some considerable distortion all together in one pedal with a wicked wah. My only complaint is that there isn't a way to change the tones of unused settings (like how the Foxey Lady model uses only one sound whether the expression pedal is up or down). Overall, much enjoyed. It runs amazingly smooth.
    _Paddy_
    I got one for christmas and it is AMAZING!! admittedly, there is a lack of clean tones, but wat there is, is awsum. its great being able to make the heaviest distortion possible by turning up the gain on your amp as well as the pedal!! simply great!! u can make sum great sounds with the flanger and echo. HUGE choice of distortions and sum bloody good wah's!! i took it to my frend and he loved it too. i havnt stopped playing it since i got it!! sooooo good