Jimi Hendrix Experience review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Jimi Hendrix Experience

Purchased from: Temo Music

I really like "the Wind Cries Mary" setting, especially for playing "Third Stone From the Sun" and "Wind Cries Mary" (obviously), it's also a good setting for that Motown Sound. I use my old '83 USA HM Strat and my Jackson DX10D Dinky as well as my Les Paul Custom through my Crate Blue Voodoo 50 watt head with 2 seperate 12" Celestion Vintage 30 cabs. There's only one weak spot I can think of after using it for almost 3 years. That being, there's no bypass that I can find that allows a straight patch directly to the amp.

I play a wide variety of musical styles, blues, slide, Motown, classical, metal, thrash, hard rock, straight up rock n'roll and punk. The "Experience" pedal fits in with most of that except classical and late model metal. I've been playing for 30 years and I don't know how I got along before this pedal was invented. If this pedal were stolen I would certainly replace it, after I killed the SOB that made off with it. I wish you could bypass the pedal more easily to your amp. Other than that, no complaints.

Very reliable, very durable. Before I bought the JHE pedal, I tried one at another snobby "guitar store", and I accidentally dropped it on the concrete floor, not even a scratch, and it hit pretty hard. I never gig without backup. After 30 years of playing I've learned, never, ever do a gig without backup.

If you do Hendrix covers, this is a must have. The manual is concise and easily unerstandable. I play a lot of slide, and the Fuzz Face tone is indispensable for that style. It's an overall good pedal for anything bluesy or psychadelic. It's good for old metal as well, ie. Maiden, Sabbath, Priest. However, if you don't get the FS3X footswitch with it (included in my $200.00 pice tag) it will be tough gigging, but still a lot of fun. Really durable, I mean really durable, and it comes with a dope Jimi Hendrix bag, or is it a Jimi Hendrix dope bag. I leave that up to the purchaser.

driggsi424
    "" Sound: I use a Fender Strat and Fender amp. I also have one monster cord going from my guitar to the pedal and I can't remember the name of the one going from the pedal to the guitar. The guitar and the amp came in a pack together for about $100 US. I have always wnated to be able to do the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit and now that I have this I can. I am in a couple of bands that need something like this for the songs we want ot sing. // 7 ""You mean you bought a Squier Amp and Guitar Pack for $100, and you have been playing for eight years and you haven't been able to play the intro to "Smells Like teen spirit" until you got this?? Half the stuff you said doesn't make any sense The bub .
    dbmoore
    gonna go pick one up i live where they're made so i get it cheaper
    Deether
    Voodoo Child is probably my favorite, as most authentic sounding effect on that pedal. It's absolutely amazing!! I bought it when the first came out at $199.99 Well worth the money!
    MiKePlaysGuitar
    I bought this pedal two days ago, prbly the best money ive ever spent, 187$ at Pickers Alley in Sarnia. Beautiful pedal. I like every setting prbly like star spangled banner the best for jammin baked cuz you can just ****ing GO if yekno wat i mean its sooooo good.
    SERIALTRENDKILL
    Can someone compare this pedal to say, Slash or Zakk Wydle's cry baby. Whats the difference in the sound? Is the Hendrix pedal more of a fuzz effect or more wah? I watched Hendrix at woodstock and I thought his pedal was pretty awsome becuase it was overbearing. it was "just right" i'd say compared to someone like Kirk Hammet's pedal which produces too much of a cry.
    Hirvikala
    Serialtrendkill its hard to tell man, I suggest you give it a try in some shop, definetly worth of a try. If you like it and are planning to buy it, don't forget to buy the footswitch for it.. it makes the alt. mode changing alot easier (lol I don't even know how to change "alt" modes without footswitch, so Im not even sure if its possible without footswitch) You see, every mode has its Rhytmn (green led) and Solo version (red led), and some modes have even Solo 2 version (yellow led). It's easy to change the modes and alt. modes with footswitch =)
    liljimi123
    I see people on you tube tryin to play the intro to voodoo child and they dont notice that the intro is clean with wah and reverb!That pedal is awesome i wanna put my own vid on you tube and show them how its done!GO JIMI!!!