Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Guitar Source

Along with this fine piece of equipment, I use a Squier Strat from Fender and a Fender Frontman 15G amp. It's not very noisy at all. Occasionally, I get some feedback that I don't really want, but it's normally because I may have the amp turned up a little too high. Getting the sounds of Creed, Metallica, Godsmack, and Ozzy is excellent with this pedal. And seeing as this is only a distortion pedal, yes, the distortion is very good.

I play a lot of heavy metal and hard rock with it. Even though they are two different styles, the X-Series Metal Master is excellent for both heavy metal and hard rock. My overall guitar experience has spanned for a little under two and a half years, and I have been playing electric for almost a year now. In that time, I've learned about wah and delay effects, but I knew I had to get distortion first. I don't have any other gear at the moment aside from the guitar, cables, amp, and this pedal, but I will get a wah pedal sooner or later. Anyways, this pedal is very reliable and there's really nothing that I don't like about it. I also tried it out on a Peavy and an Epiphone at the guitar store I go to. I chose the Fender, though, because, well, it's the only electric guitar I have. I would like to try it out on a PRS, ESP, and a Gibson. Well, the bottom line is the X-Series Metal Master is an excellent piece of equipment for metal and rock guitarists alike.

The only problem I have with this pedal, and this is really not too bad to prevent me from giving it a 5, is it just eats batteries up too quickly, even if you just leave it plugged in. So you'd probably want to Pick up an adaptor, and then go to your gig.

This unit is very easy to get a good sound. Setting it isn't that hard to do. The DigiTech website has a couple of decent settings. I didn't really read the manual, though. I just plugged it in, went to the website, and tried out all the settings, and they worked great. You can also customize the tone. Cool.