Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

This thing gives you super heavy distortion to get those killer riffs. I was using my Ibanez (when I first got it I had a GSA60) with a humbucker at the bridge and to single coils at the mid and neck (I perfer this pickup setup). Now I use my new SA160 and it rules! There is a slight fret buzz but thats only if you have the amp up really loud. I can get sound from this pedal from Linkin Park to Kittie. Just about any rock/metal artist can be played by this pedal. This is a great distortion.

This pedal is great for metal and also good for rock and even some clasic rock. I play metal and this is the only pedal I need. I've been playing for about two and a half years and I havent found a better distortion, and trust me I've used a lot. I just run it through an amp on clean and I'm set. I don't regret getting this pedal and you wont eather. If I ever lost it id get another one and if someone stole it id hang them with a guitar string, just kidding. Love the whole thing, hate nothing, and I love the morph feature, very easy to get different distortions. I compared it to a few Boss pedals, about two DOD pedals, and couldn't find one better then the metal master.

Oh man you can defentally depend on this pedal. But don't use batteries because this thing eats them like a stoner with munchies, so get an adapter. And I wouldn't need a back up at all. I've had this pedal for about a year and a half and it has never let me down, never!

This is a great pedal. It took me a little while of tweeking to get the sound I wanted but when I did it was worth it. The manual was great. It gave good suggestions for setting but I like my own. Plus it gave chains with other pedals for stuff like solos and super metal riffs.