Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Dietze Music

I use the pedal with my Ibanez Gio (my first guitar), and I run it through different kinds of amps. Most recently with a big Fender. It is pretty noisy with the amps I have used it with, but that is only noticeable if you are sitting with somekind of Tears In Heaven, Silent Night audience. The effects it give out (mainly just a bass boost and metal sound) work well for the songs you need it for. I certainly would say that any serious rocker needs this pedal for those metal riffs he plays. I can easily get the sound of my favorite artist (System Of A Down) on this pedal, just turn the morph, level, and bass up. I wouldn't use this with any other distortion, sounds horrible (from my experiance).

I play metal and rock (think Metallica meets System meets some other band that plays slow stuff a lot). I have been playing for about 2 years, and own multiple guitars, mostly using my Gio for it's versatility. I am content with the product and really haven't questioned my decision. If this pedal were stolen I would be pissed, but I would definitely get it again, maybe for a bit less if I could. I love the way that guitar turns out beautiful metal sounds, I don't really hate anything about it. My favorite feature is the morph. I didn't really compare it, but I am sure it still would have made my choice list. I do wish it had a slightly less noisy feedback, and also perhaps one more nob to adgust the morph even more.

Yes, you can definitely depend on it, I would use it without a backup. The thing has been dropped from six feet up onto concrete by an idiot friend, and it works perfectly.

Easy. I find the pedal extremely useful in throwing out heavily morphed guitar effects for those dropped d type of songs, although it works just as good with other tunings. The morph setting at the right of the pedal basically controls how slurred the music sounds, as well as gives it more bass. I didnt get a manual, but the thing was so easy to use, I didn't even need anything other than it, my guitar, and me. The only thing that bothers me, is sometimes I cant get the exact sound I am looking for.

sonofplunder666
    i LOVE this distortoin petal it is the bet thing ever if u r thinking of getting it... GET IT! it can play anything from AC/DC to metallica to distubed
    sabbath1313
    I own one of these, and my friend owns a Boss metal zone. We always argue over which one is better, but i personally think the Digitech metal master is better because it has better bottom end.