Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Musicians friend

I was using my usual set up BC Rich Warlock with Duncans, Fender Frontman 15G, Marshall MG-15CDR, and a Crate GX-15. I don't have much money for anything but basically this pedal had quite a bit of noise if you didn't have it on the clean channel. Like basically every heavy metal pedal I have used. It was pretty much noisy on all of the settings to me. The effects were great and all just was kind of muffled with certain settings. It was amazing for the time though. It mixes well with wah wah pedals if you have one. I suggest a Dunlop wah, their good.

I play mostly Death Metal, and any kind of heavy metal or anything really heavy. Arch Enemy, Metallica, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, ect. Mainly stuff in that area. I have been playing for about 3 years or so. I am a guitar teacher, that's basically why I have crappy equipment. ALong with the fact that my job sucks and I can't ever git anybody to pay me 4 nething. Everyone is so poor here. If it was stolen I might go git another one, but I would go buy a PS2000R first (the plug for it made by DOD). I love that it's really heavy and all. I hate how it consumed my batteries. It is a good buy or at least to try out if you can find the plug.

It isn't really dependable unless you get a plug for it. Which is pretty hard to find because it needs an exact plug. The problem about this though is DigiTech doesnt't tell you which one, it doesnt't come with one, and it doesnt't tell you which one to get out of all the cables.

It is pretty easy to get a good metal sound out of it with a lot of crunch. I prefer a Boss MT-2 though because for some reason the metal master just sucked batteries dead. The manual for it was basically pretty useless. It just had like basically all of digitechs pedals and 4 presets you can turn the knobs to get the settings. Nothing really about how to fix it and all of that if it messes up.

KileManA7X
    This pedal is good but can only go so far. If you like metal and are looking for a fuller sound, get the Death Metal pedal along with a crybaby and your set.