Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

I like this pedal a lot. I usually run it through a practice amp or an old Mesa Boogie, and it sounds great through both. There is no noise that comes from the effect, it is very quiet. It sounds good with both single coil and humbuckers. I prefer the bucks, as the effect sounds much more heavy and responsive. I use this pedal for playing Thrash alot, but it can accomadate many metal genres. You could play Judas Priest, Maiden, Metallica, with this pedal and not have to hassle with it too much to get a relatively accurate sound.

If this was stolen, I would buy something else, as this is the only distortion I have and I like to experiment, but eventually I would get this again because it is very good. It is well suited for pretty much any metal or hard rock or modern rock. The morph knob is very nice and useful; it models many sounds nicely.

This is very well built, very heavy with a lot of metal. I would be comfortable throwing this thing at windows and not worry of it breaking. Mine is kinda broken after too much stomping, whenever the effect is off, I need to remove the the "stomping pad of rock" and press the little button inside to turn it back on.

This is a very easy pedal to use. It only has four knobs which are clearly labeled and fairly obvious. Level controls the volume, Low and Hi are Bass and Treble EQs respectivly, and the morph knob. The morph knob offers a good amount of change in the tone, but there really isn't any bad setting. I personally like the setting at 9 o clock. The manual is small but good and to the point. Overall, a great pedal with no frazzles (and no screw to get to the battery). My only gripe is that it only gets about 4 hours with a battery, so I suggest getting an adapter.

[quote]AllOpenStrings wrote: ironBLSmaiden : i got this peddal for christmas and i though i wouldnt need it that much and it would only be distortion, but i was wrong, it makes u sound like a pro ^ So if a kid who never played guitar buys a Messa Boogie head Marshall cabinets...Gibson SG and this pedal hes a pro?