Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: GC

I usually go Guitar -> 535Q -> Metal Master -> Amp and Effects Loop: Send -> Fish n Chips EQ -> Return. I use the EQ on occasions as it just makes it sound better. But I can easily pull it off without the EQ, just more tone shaping. If my amp is cranked and I turn on the MM it's prone to make noise, what dist doesnt't? At low volumes it's farely quiet. I have used other products with it, mainly Boss phasers and choruses and it sucks my tone or lowers the volume so I wouldn't reccomend that. My friend recently bought a 5150 off ebay, and I'd rather use my setup. His has to be repaired so possibility they screwed up? So I guess it's kind of a 50/50 experience there. But the tone is superb for the price. IMO better then the other in that price range. For an even better tone I'd reccomend the Fish N Chips like I stated above. The Boss one sounds to weak with it. But it's only good if you really care about getting a certain sound.

I play everything from blues to Death Metal. I don't use the MM for blues tho, obviously. But it does me wonders for tones like Cannibal Corpse or Behemoth. That kind of style. It would suit anyone well, and like I said it's farely easy to get a good tone. I've been playing for roughly 4 years, so like everyone on the forum says, tone isnt in your gear it's in the fingers. My friend has a MM on his Marshall Mosfet and it sounds totally diffrent. I play and then he does, 2 diffrent styles. Also just becasue it's a DigiTech pedal and not Boss don't let that turn you off. Every Boss pedal I've tried has been meh, and I bought the MM used and it's still fine. If someone stole this, I'd probably hunt them down and take it back. Get pissy and be on my way. If I couldn't find em, then I'd just but a new one asap!

I love it, I'll probably use it until I get an extreme high gain amp that sounds better. I've dialed in tones for everything I need metal/rock related. I wpuldn't gig without it. The valvekings onboard dist doesnt't cut it with or without boost. So my MM is a must. Even without the EQ it's still a must.

I bought this after trying the Line 6 Uber and returning the Boss Metal Zone. I wanna say about 3 or 4 years ago. I was impressed with it. I could get scooped tones or heavy midrangry tones with the Morph knob. Then sculp from there. I can easily get that Slayer crunch or Metallica scooped. My genre of choice though is Death Metal. Mine is stock, No manual. Yet I have read into it before online. 4 knobs: Volume (Obvious), Bass(How much bass is applied), Treble(How much treble is applied, Morph(I believe Far left is Mid range and it sccops as your turn clockwise, don't quote me on that though). So it's pretty simple.

Roland Medina
    Great pedal i just bought it not 10 minuets ago and it plays great. the metal master with the cry baby i have with my ibanez.... great times. i highly recommend it