Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Dolphin music

I'm using this pedal with my Squier Showmaster, and through my 10 watt practice amp. It sounds amazing. It rarely makes any noise, unless I'm on the neck pickup of my guitar, but I've found that to be normal without the pedal as well. The effects always sound amazing, and I am hoping to add a Flanger and Wah Wah to my collection to maximise this pedal's potential to create amazing metal sounds.

I play anything from punk to Death Metal, and this pedal suits them all. The controlled feedback setting is perfect for punk, and the tour of hell option gives an amazing metal tone. I've been playing for just about a year, and I don't own any other effects pedals as of yet, since I only just got my first electric guitar last Christmas. However, I am hoping to buy a DigiTech Synth Wah and Turbo Flange in the not too distant future. This pedal has so many amazing features, I can't say just one thing I love about it, except the perfect tones it gives, and I definitely can't say anything that I hate about it! I compared it to the DigiTech Death Metal pedal before buying, but I chose this one over the Death Metal due to the fact it could generate all the sounds of the Death Metal, but still have more features on top. If it were stolen or lost, I would buy another one as soon as I could.

I can depend on this pedal completely, partly because it is all metal, no plastic or other weaker materials. If I were gigging, then I would definitely use it without a backup, because the Metal Master has been completely reliable. One problem is the battery life. If you use this pedal without a 9V power supply, then you should definitely take a few spare 9V's with you to gigs, as the battery in my pedal ran out within a week.

This pedal is incredibly easy to use, it's usually just a matter of experimenting until you find the right sound, which is what I do regularly. The instruction manual, which not only details on this pedal but all of the others in the DigiTech range, provides some settings for different sounds, including "Controlled Feedback" and "Tour of Hell", a sound that is influenced by the DigiTech Death Metal pedal's sound.

monstooge
    might be worth spending a bit extra and buying the distortion factory which has that pedal built in and more... having said that i have owned the metal master pedal for three years and its still as good as it was when i bought it, it sounds ok with strats but not half as good as humbuckers
    yo yo
    neefitsaysbang wrote: yeah dude. if you have single coils. dont buy this guitar. like.. its real bad with a strat. i even tried it with a fat strat and it was bad. i prefer the line6 ubermetal x203984 or if you can afford it just buy a half stack
    dude, this isnt a guitar... -_-;; its a guitar pedal.
    Ibzman
    KVX10 KING V wrote: Nice pedal to put in a low quality amp, but cant beat the real distorted sound of good amps like Peavey, Mesa, Soldano, etc. But I like it, maybe a lil bit noisy but I cant help it, I just dont think I'll keep it when I'll have a better amp, but blows away any heavy metal distortion pedal First off, this pedal is not meant to be put in a low quality amp or you won't get any tone, and the noise is really bad. Secondly you are forgetting good amps like Marshall, Crate, Krank, and Vox. Thirdly this pedal doesn't beat the Death Metal Distortion Pedal.
    Then you've never tried it. I tried both one after another and the Metal Master just crushes the Death Metal. Less noise, high are less harsh and way more bottom end.
    DEATHbyBLOOD
    anything i've ever bought from digitech has ended up being a huge piece of ess aych eye tee
    DEATHbyBLOOD
    742627000017 wrote: [quote]AllOpenStrings wrote: ironBLSmaiden : i got this peddal for christmas and i though i wouldnt need it that much and it would only be distortion, but i was wrong, it makes u sound like a pro ^ So if a kid who never played guitar buys a Messa Boogie head Marshall cabinets...Gibson SG and this pedal hes a pro?
    no because people who use a distortion pedal with a mesa boogie is a complete effing dumb dickhead.